The Power of Daily Devotions.
Part 8 – The Power of The Holy Spirit.
We had a break from January 6-26 to observe a 21-day fast. Praise God for His grace for all those who were able to participate.
So far we have been discussing the subject “How to have a Fruitful Devotional Session” under the wider subject “The Power of Daily Devotions.”
In Part 8 today we will discuss The Holy Spirit’s Power as a result of a devotional habit and lifestyle. Please note that only those who are available to Him in fellowship will receive power. There are no shortcuts to that.
Scripture Memory (Re-read and Recognize)
Before we go further please take a few minutes to read again the Memory Verses from previous sessions. Please repeat reading them all quickly:
Mark 1:35, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, 1 John 2:6, Acts 17:30, Luke 11:13, Galatians 5:22-23, Acts 10:38
And here is the new one for today below. Work on memorizing it over the next couple of days.
“how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”Acts 10:38 NKJV
The Power of The Holy Spirit
Just before He left the earth Jesus promised His immediate disciples and applied to every other disciple that they would receive power to be witnesses after the Holy Spirit came upon them. We also see that Jesus did everything that He did by the power of the Holy Spirit upon Him. The scriptures say that He offered Himself through the eternal Spirit. Today, this promise is available to every Christian. We must always remember that everything Jesus did was an example for us in every generation until He returns.
“how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”Hebrews 9:14 NKJV
What the scripture above tells us is that we also will only make any meaningful sacrifices through the help of the Holy Spirit. Your devotional habit is a daily sacrifice unto God. Each day we come to Him we offer ourselves by the Holy Spirit.
Please read the following verses of scripture and share your thoughts.
What do you see?
Acts 1:8, Luke 11:13, John 7:37-39, Acts 3:1-10, Acts 4:1-22.
- What came alive to you as you were reading?
- Are there any clear instructions for us today?
- What do you find inspiring in the scripture verses read?
- Do we need notable miracles today? If yes why? If not why?
- How do notable miracles affect our community?
- Do you think we can have those types of miracles today?
Part 8 Summary and Conclusion
The world is getting darker. We need the Power of God to help us blast through the expanding walls of evil. We must pray congregationally and individually and receive a fresh outpouring of His Spirit upon us all. We must also pray for the grace to step out in faith to do the work that Jesus puts in our hearts. See Isaiah 60:1-3, Acts 10:38.
- Any Praise Reports or Prayer Requests to share?
- Pray for the fire of revival to spark and grow in each of us.
- Pray that miracles be multiplied
- Ask for the Holy Spirit’s Power in your life
- Pray that we “Go Deeper With Jesus” in 2024 and beyond.
- Pray for one another as needed.
- The Next Small Group is on February 14
- Prayer Summit Saturday, February 3, 2024, Noon – 3 pm.