Jesus The Power of God
Scripture Reading: (1 Corinthians 1:23-24, Romans 1:1-4) (Please read and discuss)
The scriptures in several places teach that Jesus is the power of God. While on earth Jesus truly demonstrated that He was God’s Power.
Daniel Lemky shares in his message about growing up a Christian and being hungry for the power of God. He talks about how growing up in a Christian home, he had always wondered why the power he saw from the pages of the scriptures were not happening around him. His mothers passing to glory even after many prayers for healing brought him great discouragement. Thankfully at the age of 25, he experienced the power of God for himself bringing him home into a deeper fellowship with our Heavenly Father.
From the message Daniel shares that “God wants us to live lives of power.” Would you agree? If so do you have any scripture to back your claims?
Today we will discuss and examine the subject of God’s power in our daily lives, within His church and in the world as a whole.
- Why do we need more of God’s power to manifest?
- How has Jesus been the power of God to you since you got to know Jesus as Lord?
- If the power of God increases among us what do you think we will see happening? Make your own list and share with the group.
The relationship between prayer and power.
Remember Daniel’s testimony about attending prayer meetings at JFC and later praying alone in his hotel room and the subsequent results?
- Why do you think Daniel experienced what he did after praying the way he did?
- What and how do you think we are to pray for power?
- What is the role of congregational prayer meetings as it relates to Divine power?
How can we bring about growth in the power of God? Read and discuss 2 Timothy 3:1-5
- Do we have a role to play? Explain this in light of the verses we read from 2 Timothy 3:1-5
- Does being a vessel of honour have anything to do with it? See 2 Timothy 2:21
The power of God is still at work today. Jesus promised in Matthew 7:7 that if we ask, we will receive, if we seek we will find, and if we knock, the door shall be opened unto us. We have no choice but to give ourselves to prayer if we want to see God’s power at work.
- Pray for the power of God to increase in JFC and the Churches of Winnipeg
- Pray for personal revival
- Pray for one another as needed
- Next Small Groups is February 3 2021
- Help us raise $100,000