More than a Measure (Part 2)
Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 2:4-18 (Please read)
Last time I gave an example of a Christian lady who testified of asking God specifically to change her from being talkative. She was at a point identified by friends, co workers and family members as being the one to wear everyone out with talkativeness. She specifically asked God for help in this area. Not long after her prayer request the very same people who called her talkative were now testifying of how less talkative she had become. She was a complete contrast of her former self.
In our scripture reading we see Elisha and Elijah embarking on a journey the very day Elijah was to be taken away from the Earth. We found that Elisha wanted “more than a measure” while the sons of the prophets in each of the locations were satisfied with what knowledge they had of God’s plan for that day. If you were there on that day what would you be asking for? Do you think you will celebrate the information you received or will you seek to pursue transformation?
Do you have a transformation story? Are you satisfied with where you are? Do you want more of and from Jesus
Divine Information should transform. 2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (Please Read)
- What does the above scripture mean to you?
- Elisha knew what God wanted, became dissatisfied and pursued something better. See 2 Kings 2:15, Romans 10:11
- Do you know what God wants? The Holy Scriptures are our reliable and final authority to begin learning the will of God
- Read, meditate on, pray and practice the scriptures as a rule for your life. You won’t be disappointed. See James 1:22
What is the cost of any kind of transformation?
- Jesus paid the price for our salvation. However without commitment ongoing transformation (growth) is hindered
- From looking at Elijah, Elisha and the prophets what words can you use to describe the price for transformation.
- Are you prepared to make the commitment required for transformation?
- Pray for speed and finances as we move to a different phase of construction at 106 Burnett Ave.
- Pray that divine information will lead to transformation in our lives
- Pray for the grace to pay the price for transformation
- Pray for one another as needed
- Next Small Groups is December 9 2020
- Don’t forget that a portion of your income belongs to God. Support the Lord’s work by giving to the Church.
- Friday Women’s Fellowship on Zoom 7.30pm
- Friday Prayer Night 10.30pm – 12.30am