Read 2 Timothy 4:16-22
A betrayal is defined as an act of disloyalty. As much as we agree that friendships are important and God designed. It is also true that betrayal does happen.
Paul the apostle testified of his own experience of betrayal in the famous words “no one stood with me…but the Lord stood by my side”
Have you ever faced or experienced betrayal?
Handling the pain of Betrayal
- Remember Jesus was betrayed by Judas. There are many Judas types running around today. (See Matthew 26:47-50)
- Take your pain to Jesus first to help you forgive, release and heal. (See Psalm 55:22, 1 Peter 5:7)
- There’s plenty of encouragement in the scriptures. Explore it! Did you read the Bible today? 2 Timothy 3:16
- God designed faith community to also be a place of comfort. Don’t hide yourself or your pain from people God has put in your life
- The Lord Jesus Christ can and will make your Spirit strong. Ask Him to! Read 2 Timothy 4:22
Betrayal is something we will experience in our lifetime. Humans are flawed and generally not dependable. However, if we put our trust in God, He is always dependable.
Trust God for good friendships and where necessary end draining and destructive relationships. “May the Lord Jesus Christ be with your Spirit” so you may STAND STRONG!