Join the Bible Study
Download the Google Meet app then join here
Called to Be Faithful
Please kindly MUTE yourself during the study except when you are called on to speak.
Kindly keep voice comments short and to the point.
Last week we talked about “Building Faith” in the present circumstance of insecurity arising from the threat of the Novel virus COVID-19. As we all know life as we know it has suddenly been altered. Oday we want to look at the “Call to be Faithful.”
Followers of Jesus are called to be faithful. The word faithful is a derivative of the word faith. While it means being loyal, steadfast and devoted, the word itself appears to have its root in a simpler meaning to be “FULL OF FAITH” or “FAITH FULL”. All the people mentioned in Hebrews 11 were people who exercised their faith to the point where they were full of faith, therefore, judged “faithful” by the Lord. See Romans 4:19-20 for an example of what it means to be faith-full.
Study and Discussion
The following Scripture reading exercise is to help us hear the Spirit as He leads us to an experience with the Word (Jesus).
Please Read Hebrews 11:14-29 for 5 minutes:
- Try not to rush through it. There’s no finish line 🙂
- Pay attention to the words and texts that pop out to you in a sustained manner.
- It is okay to be stuck on one verse or word even if you do not finish the entire chapter or verse.
- Post your thoughts on the things that stand out to you.
Discussion: Examining the Word “Faithful”
- In your own words, what do you consider being faithful? Any scriptures to back your assertions?
- Why were Abraham and the others qualified to be “hall of famers” in Hebrews 11? What did their faith cause them to do? Pick any one or more of the hall of famers and post your thoughts. Look for the key word in their individual “By Faith…” experience.
- What are your thoughts regarding being faithful to God in these 8 areas
- Food. Mark 7:15-19, 1 Corinthians 6:19, 1 Corinthians 7:20-24
- Exercise. 1 Timothy 4:8-10
- Finances. 1 Timothy 6:17, Philippians 4:19, Malachi 3:10
- Pleasure. 1 John 3:22
- Relationships. 2 Corinthians 6:17-18
- Worry. Philippians 4:6-7
- Prayer. Ephesians 6:18
- Praise. Ephesians 1:3-14
- Add to the list in your own time
God has called us to be FAITHFUL. For this reason SUCCESS in the eyes of God is faithfulness. To be faithful is to do what God wants for His glory, period. Our examples are the faith “hall of fame members” we read of in Hebrews 11. Notice that the “hall of famers” all DID SOMETHING (See James 4:26) and didn’t even receive all that God had promised Hebrews 11:39-40.
Our names can also be added to that long list of faithful believers who DID the something God wanted for His glory.
Faith comes alive when God’s word comes alive within our spirits. For this reason, we must be intentional about maximum exposure to the scriptures seeking what He has to say to us for, “Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” Deuteronomy 8:3
Pray that the words of scripture will find good ground in our hearts.
Pray for those who already suffer from anxiety for the comfort of the Holy Spirit upon them
Pray for miraculous interventions in the lives, homes, and situations of believers in these times
Post your own praise and prayer requests and we can give thanks or join you in asking over the items requested
Giving is now available through e-transfers.
Send your e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Small Groups
Going forward, we are pleased to announce that there will be Online Small Groups Wednesdays at 7 pm.
The First Online Small Group meeting will be next week, April 8th. We will send all Small Group members information on how to join your small group.
- Devotion & Prayer
Devotion and prayer each morning at 7:30 am, Monday to Friday, while social distancing requirements are in place
- SonRise Weekend
Invite someone to our SonRise Easter online services – Good Friday and Easter Sunday