Join the Bible Study
Please kindly MUTE yourself during the study except when you are called on to speak.
Kindly keep voice comments short and to the point.
Psalm 91, Hebrews 11:1-13, Habakkuk 2:4
Living with uncertainty under the present situation continues to cause fear and anxiety for many especially for those outside the household of faith. There are Christians who are also very concerned, worried that they will lose their business or have to make do with worse employment than what they had before. God’s desire for us is never to live in fear. Faith is the fuel of our spiritual sojourn and our eternal home. The fear is palpable especially here in North America where this kind of lockdown is rare and has not occurred since World War II.
Psalm 91 is a famous scripture that has been posted on social media and read across many church congregations in the last couple of weeks. It would be helpful to attempt an in-depth study of this Psalm as well as a study of Hebrews 11:1-13 and trust God for deeper insight for the building of our individual and corporate faith.
If we follow Jesus we MUST build faith. Faith was the one thing we know impressed Jesus while He was on earth.
Study and Discussion
Read Psalm 91 for 5 minutes and post your thoughts in that chat on the things that stand out to you.
Read Hebrews 11:1-13 for 5 minutes and post your thoughts in that chat on the things that stand out to you.
The Reality of Living by Faith
- Is your faith in God a target of satan? Yes or No? Why? Luke 22:31-32
- How does faith come to you? Describe and discuss how you understand the process.
- Do you have examples of the process of faith building in your life from the scriptures?
- Read Job 13:15, Job 19:25-27, Daniel 3:16-18. What does living by faith in the present environment and beyond look like to you?
- Is Faith in God a real thing for you right now? If yes how does that feel? And if not describe it?
- What do you think will happen in the next little while? Any scriptures to back up your thoughts?
Post your questions or type Q to voice your comments or questions
Faith comes alive when God’s word comes alive within our spirits. For this reason, we must be intentional about maximum exposure to the scriptures seeking what He has to say to us for, “Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.” Deuteronomy 8:3
Pray that our faith will come from the scriptures and that it will grow stronger.
Post your own praise and prayer requests and we can give thanks or join you in asking over the items requested
Devotion and prayer time Monday to Friday during the lockdown at 7:30 am
We are working on a solution for virtual Small Groups, Wednesdays at 7 pm. More info to come.
Sunday Live Stream at 10:30 am
Giving through E-Transfers: [email protected]